IMAGES OF TRANSITION:
a two-part Theatre of the Oppressed workshop
NEW SESSION ON TUESDAYS
Facilitated by Morgan Andrews
December 10 + 17 • 6:45–9:15 p.m.
Tuition: $15-$35 sliding scale. Register at "firstname.lastname@example.org"
★ Participants are asked to attend both sessions: what we begin in Week One we will continue into Week Two ★
Theatre of the Oppressed uses group games and techniques to dramatize our world as it is, and then create models for how we’d like it to be.
This 2-part workshop will focus on transition—both in our society and in ourselves—and how these transitions relate to shifts in power, privilege, oppression and liberation. Some such transitions could include:
- A person who develops and adapts to a disability.
- A child becoming an adult, then a parent, and then a grandparent.
- A family whose economic status changes with time and circumstances.
- A neighborhood being built, populated, abandoned, and repopulated.
- A person whose sexual and/or gender identities go through shifts.
- A person or group who undergo changes in faith and/or culture.
- An individual whose identity is perceived differently depending on what group that person is associating with.
Participants will find common ground through sharing and enacting stories, then the group will reshape these scenarios into new possibilities. On the days between the two sessions, we’ll have some take-home assignments to deepen and support our work as a group.
To attend this 2-part workshop, email "email@example.com" or call 215-730-0982. Tuition is sliding scale, $15-$35. Work-trade is available upon request.