IMAGES OF TRANSITION:
a two-part Theatre of the Oppressed workshop
2 Mondays: Nov 25 and Dec 2
Tuition: $15-$35 sliding scale (work-trade also available)
Limited space—Pre-register via "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Theatre of the Oppressed uses group games and techniques to dramatize our world as it is, and then create models for how we’d like it to be.
This 2-part workshop will focus on transition—both in our society and in ourselves—and how these transitions relate to shifts in power, privilege, oppression and liberation. Some such transitions could include:
- A person who develops and adapts to a disability.
- A child becoming an adult, then a parent, and then a grandparent.
- A family whose economic status changes with time and circumstances.
- A neighborhood being built, populated, abandoned, and repopulated.
- A person whose sexual and/or gender identities go through shifts.
- An individual whose identity is perceived differently depending on what group that person is associating with.
Participants will find common ground through sharing and enacting stories, then the group will reshape these scenarios into new possibilities. On the days between the two sessions, we’ll do some reading and a little writing to deepen and support our work as a group.
To attend this 2-part workshop, email "email@example.com" or call 215-730-0982. Tuition is sliding scale, $15-$35. Work-trade is available upon request.