Poet-tree En Motion
Annual Spring Fundraiser Festivities and Fire Rite Celebration
for Friends of Plum Dragoness Performance Projects
Each event of the ongoing Poet-tree En Motion performance series highlights the work of resident performance artist Plum Dragoness AKA Gabrielle de Burke, and the acts she features according to the theme of each community event.
This is the final event of the 2012 Spring series. This season finale is a special annual event and includes a silent auction with items ranging from antiques, art, estate/handcrafted jewelry and clothing, to accessories, goods, and services, etc. Auction items are listed at the end of this page.
With performances by:
Alexis “GoldenLover” Simmons is a one of a kind talent. Not only does she shine in Philadelphia’s intensely demanding soul music scene, but she has shown a gift for versatility, crafting songs in genres from R&B to House to Pop through her voice, lyrics and now production
Barajagala Tribal Bellydance is the collective name of two American Tribal Style bellydancers, Irene Reinke and Pamela Hall.This is in part due to the fact that the dance combines classic bellydance with modified Rajastani folkloric steps and Flamenco stylizations.
electronic ambient space music; Composing electronic music under the name Oblivious Solitude. Then performing and recording with Heather Lind as Stares to Nowhere. Now performing with Mike Hunter as Mayakara recording and performing solo acoustic music. Sometimes modifying and creating new instruments to take the music to new places
original beats by the Siren vocalist, lyrical poetess, and flowin' MC; Trio of sis-starz merging forces w/ fresh beats, mystic vocals, rhymes & lyrical poetics devoted to the “femminine mystic”. Together these three ladies bring to the stage backgrounds in beat/music production, dance choreography, staging theater productions, hostess-ing venues, singing, rap & spoken word performances
Lady Omni rhyming over infinite beats of Kevlar
Songwriter/Producer/Mc @ Mad Dragon Records; Known for his unique blend of progressive hip-hop, soul, blues, jazz and rock, Kuf Knotz is one of Philly’s fastest emerging alternative artists. No musical territory goes unexplored when it comes to Kuf, and it is this attitude that has led him to perform with top acts like Common, Old DB, New York Dolls, Steel Pulse, Amos Lee & The Roots to name a few.
fire dance and circus arts outside on the front plaza; Lux Arati is an all-female bellydance & fire troupe based out of Philadelphia. Blending influences of American Tribal bellydance, modern dance, along with tech and flow fire spinning (fire fans, fire fingers and more), the lovely ladies of Lux Arati are a powerful, hypnotic presence.
Music Over Matter
live percussion ensemble; Music Over Matter is made up of a group of dedicated women from many walks of life, who feel and express the profound rhythm which beats within us all. M.O.M. takes special pleasure in embracing the participation of all the children of the universe.
Sarah Jordan lights up the stage with her fun hula hoop performances, and spreads happiness to others by sharing her love of hooping. She offers workshops, classes, and handmade hula hoops.
Suggested Donation/pay-what-you-can: $5-20
Auction Items include:
• Recording Session @ Pine Street Studio
• Dinner & a Show @ Wall Street International
• Yoga Classes @ Cerca Trova Yoga
• Framed Picture by Photographer Becca Levy
• Gift Certificate to Rasa Salon
• Class cards for belly dance by Charly Brownskin
• Gift Certificate for Massage Session by Taj El
• A movie night out to the independent Cinema 16:9 that includes 2 tickets, 2 sodas, & a large popcorn with free refills
• Handmade Hula Hoop made by hooper Sarah Jordan
• Yoga Class donated by Yoga Child
• Series of writing, movement, storytelling & improv Workshops w/ Monica Day
• Textile design by Meg Cassidy
• Classes in Circus Arts @ the Philly School of Circus Arts
• 2 Prints by West Philadelphia Artist David Aronson
• 1 Leather Medium “The Concho Hat”
• 1 Eddy Brothers “Shoot Out Straw Hat”
• 1 Vintage Horn, Coral & Mother of Pearl Necklace donated by Mother Promised that to Me
• 1 Vintage Copper Cuff donated by MPM
• 1 Vintage Sterling Silver Signed Navajo (Dinae) Coral & Turquoise Ring donated by MPM
• 1 Antique Austrian Crystal & Rhine Stone Bracelet donated by MPM
• 2 Framed Pictures by Photographer Sunny Pierce
• 1 Vintage Schmidt Auto Harp donated by Front Street Sales
• One of a Kind Recycled Vintage Jewelry Art by RetroRelixs
*And more are still coming in that are not yet listed…
Food & Beverage Provided by Trader Joe's!