40th Street Summer Series
The 40th Street Summer Series—co-produced by the University of Pennsylvania, The Rotunda, and University City District —usually takes place on the third Saturdays of May, June, July, August, and September at the green space behind the Walnut Street Library at 40th and Walnut. Activities, free giveaways, and performances begin at 6 pm.
The Summer Series has grown into one of the most popular outdoor summer events in University City. This free outdoor series features internationally-recognized talent in one of “West Philly’s picturesque open green spaces” (Philadelphia Weekly). In the past, the Summer Series has featured internationally-acclaimed acts such as the Millennial Territory Orchestra, Man Man, and the Sun Ra Arkestra, playing free outdoor concerts that capture the soul of the neighborhood.
2017 marked the 13th anniversary of the 40th Street Summer Series. Stop
OUTDOORS at the 40th St Field! The York Street HustleAug 18 2018
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Jul 14 2018 - OUTDOORS at the 40th St Field! Las Cafeteras with Philadelphia Women's Slavic Ensemble
- Jun 23 2018 - MOVED INDOORS TO THE ROTUNDA! Standing room only! Thee Phantom & the Illharmonic Orchestra with openers Tyva Kyzy
- May 19 2018 - RELOCATED TO THE ROTUNDA! West Philadelphia Orchestra and Dan Blacksberg's Hot Klezmers. 40th Street Summer Series
- Sep 16 2017 - Outdoors at the 40th Street Field! Banda Magda with Taina Asili y La Banda Rebelde
- Aug 19 2017 - Outdoors at the 40th Street Field! Worldtown Soundsystem and Drum Like a Lady
- Jun 17 2017 - Outdoors at the 40th ST Field! Brian Sanders' JUNK and Unidos da Filadelfia; 40th Street Summer Series
- May 20 2017 - Outdoors at the 40th Street Field! Sun Ra Arkestra and RU Bhangra in the 40th Street Summer Series